Advanced Digital-RF Receiver systems are being fielded for a number of US government customers for a variety of applications, including SIGINT, EW and SATCOM.
They feature ultra-wideband, high dynamic range, multi-channel, multi-band operation using superconductor analog-to-digital converter technology.
- Advanced Digital-RF Receiver (ADR) – Government-tested (TRL 7) units with standard interfaces
- Integrated Cryogenic Electronics Testbed (ICE-T) – Robust test platform for laboratories
- Cryogenic Analog RF Module (CARM) – Small, antenna-mounted amplifier units for SATCOM and other RFapplications
- Superconductor Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) – Family of integrated circuits tailored for differentapplications (Cryogenic Detector Array Readout, Wideband Spectrum Capture)
- Mixed-signal Application-specific Integrated circuits (ASICs) with ultrafast digital and high-quality analog circuits
The unique properties of superconductivity lead to an unparalleled capability for the coding of data between various analog and digital forms. Quantum accuracy is enabled by HYPRES designs, which when coupled with ultra-fast multi-GHz operation, create some of the most powerful circuits ever developed.
- Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs)
- Wide Bandwidth Flash ADC
- Dynamically Programmable High-Resolution ADC
- Ultra-sensitive Signal Digitizers
- Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs)
- AC Voltage Standard
- Direct Digital Synthesis
- Time-to-Digital Converters (TDCs)
- HYPRES also produces Readout electronics for customers’ sensors and detectors.
Oscillators and Clock Sources
HYPRES is active in the development of on-chip clock sources with Josephson junctions.
- High-Q Oscillators for High-frequency Low-jitter Clock Source
- Clock Distribution Networks
- Digital phase-locked Loop
Digital Signal Processing Cores
The Single Flux Quantum logic family is well suited for a variety of digital signal processing (DSP) functions because of the ultra-high speed and the naturally pipelined architecture of the technology.
- All-digital Correlators and Autocorrelators
- Multiplexers and Demultiplexers
- FFT blocks
- Digital Beamforming techniques
- True time delays
- General purpose blocks
HYPRES has a number of programs aimed at sensing and detecting electromagnetic radiation. Using both cryogenic and room temperature materials, our development programs aim to cover the spectrum from ELF (sub-hertz) through infrared and mm-wave and up to X-rays.