The Primary Voltage Standard System with cryocooler is a complete computer-controlled system implementing a variety of voltage calibration functions. The cryocooler system allows continuous operation without liquid helium and is ideal for laboratories where liquid helium is note readily available or cost prohibitive.
The HYPRES Primary Voltage Standard System is a commercial implementation of the system suggested by the U.S. National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST). The specialized microwave components and voltage sensing electronics are manufactured for this application. The NISTVolt™ operating software for controlling automatic calibration of secondary standards and voltmeters was developed by NIST and is provided with the system.
The primary Voltage Standard circuits were commercialized in a project with NIST under sponsorship of the U.S. Army to transfer the mature NIST design and merge it with the advanced HYPRES Niobium technology. HYPRES is also adept in the integration and test of Primary Standard Systems and provides a complete “turn-key” system, including training.
An air-cooled, 19-inch compressor connected via helium gas lines can be located behind the rack or at a remote location.
- Power Requirements : 2.2 kW
- Air-cooled compressor
- Microprocessor controlled
- Temperature & vacuum indicators
- Integrated high-frequency waveguide (for 75 GHz Gunn diode source)
- RF filter vacuum interface
- Magnetic & RF shielding
- Generate precision voltages from 10V down to millivolts
- Eliminates downtime, queue time, and shipping time
- 2-year replacement warranty on Josephson Standard Chip
- The Josephson Junction is the “Primary Intrinsic Voltage Standard”
- The JJAS provides continues tracking of your Zener secondary’s drift
- All-niobium IC process for Josephson Standard Chip
- Banks of Zeners not required with the Primary Voltage Standard
- System based on mature NIST design and on robust HYPRES Niobium Technology
- Eliminates dividers, potentiometers, banks of secondary references.
- Save costs and improve efficiency and productivity
- Does not require calibration
- Use your JJAS as an Engineering tool to move ahead of your competition
- No guess work required when calibrating your working standards
- Eliminate inter-comparisons from banks of Zeners
- Faster product development cycles by checking linearity and accuracy yourself
- Niobium chips are impervious to moisture and thermal cycling
- 100 nV accuracy calibrating secondary standards and voltmeters
- -11 V to 11V range available from 10-Volt System
- Typically 1-hour stability time at 10 Volts for 10-Volt System
- -2.5 V to 2.5 V range available from 1-Volt System
- Typically 5-hours stability time at 1 Volt for 1 Volt-System
- Automatic voltage calibration in minutes (vs. hours using secondary standards)
- Automatic measurement of voltmeter linearity and accuracy
- Automatic calibration of DVM
- Complete system diagnostics
- High Stability Frequency Reference from GPS Frequency Standard
- Solid State Reference Standard
- Low Thermal Scanner
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.