HYPRES Product Benefits for Wireless Networks:
- Lower Capitalization per Base Station – One digital radio performs the tasks of many conventional protocol-and frequency-specific base station radios. This creates a single universal platform that can be configured (in the factory or in the field) to suit many different services, regardless of communication bandwidth or standard.
- Significantly Reduced Network Capital Expenditures & Operating Expenses – HYPRES technology significantly expands base station range coverage, enabling a significant reduction of the total number of base-station sites required, thereby reducing total network capitalization and operating costs. In effect, HYPRES technology enables wideband 3G performance with GSM-type base station range. For an SDR configuration, significantly reduced longer-term network capitalization is also accrued due to much longer life cycles via the introduction of new and expanded services without hardware changes.
- Enhance Revenues and Margins – Because of the higher receiver sensitivity, resolution, and processing speed enabled by the HYPRES technology, more traffic for a given bandwidth allocation is possible, allowing additional users and/or services to be added at will. Our superior interference rejection results in higher call quality, fewer dropped calls, and, in turn, increased customer usage.
- Boost Spectral Efficiency – Current state-of-the-art wireless systems provide, at best, about 0.5 bit/Hz, in terms of their ability to exploit (i.e. generate revenue from) an allocated bandwidth. In contrast, the HYPRES technology approach can provide more than 4 bits/Hz, an 8-fold improvement, vastly accelerating the return on investment for costly spectrum licenses.
- Future-proof Technology – Because the HYPRES technology enables universal interoperability among legacy, current, and even future wireless protocols, (regardless of air interface or frequency used), it enables SDR with an agile business model which can quickly adapt to meet changing market environments, enhancing revenues and margins, further reducing long-term capitalization, and rapidly accommodate new initiatives (such as spectrum sharing, etc.).
With or without full SDR, HYPRES products offer commercial wireless operators many valuable benefits that translate into higher sales, higher margins, significantly reduced capitalization and operating cost, significantly enhanced capabilities, a higher quality of service, and the introduction of new services. And orders-of-magnitude improved cost and operational effectiveness for military and civil wireless networks.
HYPRES technology enables the next generation true software radios.
HYPRES Technology Capabilities:
- Simultaneous wideband and high-fidelity digitization – Capability of producing 14 to 24 effective (true) bits with better than 100 to 160 dB SFDR over the 100 kHz to 2 GHz range (a 20,000 to 1 bandwidth).
- Ultra-high ADC resolution on 3G bandwidths – Capability of producing over 20 effective (true) bits with a SFDR exceeding 130 dB for 3G bandwidths (60 MHz) at 2 GHz level carrier frequencies.
- Ultra low-noise, Ultra high-sensitivity, and Ultra low BER- Virtually no-noise RF front-end and orders of magnitude better sensitivities with BERs less than 10-15 for even the widest signal bandwidths.
- Spectrally-pure carriers – Our ultra stable multi-GHz clocks and DACs provide spectrally-pure GHz frequencies for transmission via a single or multiple HPA.
- Ultra-Linearized single HPA – Capability of producing broadband multi-carrier operation. Our DACs and DSPs have the capability to synthesize digitally pre-distorted wideband waveforms for transmission via a single HPA.
- Giga-OPS DSP – Digital Signal Processing at clock speeds greater than 100 GHz, including picosecond RAM/ROM operation and programmable digital filtering, dissipating only 1 mW/chip.
- Ultra high reliability – Over 1 million failure-free hours have already been logged by similarly packaged products deployed in wireless communication base-station receivers.
- Compatibility with existing systems – Although revolutionary in operation, our products can occupy standard 19 in. wide chassis and provide all outputs onto any bus configuration at rates up to 1 Gbs/channel.
Glossary: “ADC” = analog-to-digital converter, “SFDR = spurious-free dynamic range, “3G” = third generation, “OPS” = Operations per second, “RAM” = random access memory, “ROM” = read-only memory, “DSP” = digital signal processing, “RF” = radio frequency, “DAC” = digital-to-analog converter, “HPA” = high-power amplifier, “BER” = bit error rate.
*For more information, please contact email@example.com